Friday, May 1, 2015

Weekend Photography

Had a chance to do some shooting last weekend. Some friends-of-friends had a crawfish boil out on the old family farm, and my friend and I took a walk around the back side of the property. I haven't seen her shots, but may update this post and add them later if she wants me to.



I've always been less comfortable shooting people than objects -- when you shoot a person, there's this complicated interplay of getting their thoughts onto their face, putting them into a situation that will never quite be repeated. Still subjects are different -- but I've never quite had a still-subject shot that I liked as much as my best portraits. That hasn't changed with this set, but the interplay of "nature" and abandoned human artifacts does make me happy.

Flying Blind

Stoneware

Boilover


Cattlerun

Single-track

Upstream Magic

No comments:

Post a Comment